Wednesday, October 8, 2008

No more coffee...

at least from a certain corporation.

While you're online, google "starbucks and leaving the tap running". There's a lot that comes up. Has anyone heard of this/knew of this before now?? I don't look behind their counters, but it's kind of surprising this would only now come to light. I asked a friend who had worked at Starbucks if they really keep water running constantly, and she said they did, but it was recycled water. I'm thinking about boycotting forever, plus the fact that they boast of being environmentally aware. Finding some smaller business to support would be great.

2 comments:

Dru, Asher, Quinn, & Asa said...

hummm...something to think about. Every ice cream shop does this too. I bet other small coffee shops do this too. It is done for sanitary reasons I understand.

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph - Since you are in the Broad Ripple area, you should try the Monon Coffee (basically Westfield Blvd and Monon in Broad Ripple) or Cornerstone Coffee (54th and College with Mo and Johnny's) both a great local coffee shops that Katie and I like to go to when we can....