Monday, October 27, 2008

Everything.

Today is one of those days where stuff gets done on autopilot and there's finally a harsh chill in the air that says.. yet again.. an Indiana winter is fast approaching. There might be a little romance left in fall but I doubt it. I don't think its a secret to many people that if I were honest, I'd be anywhere but here. And by here I mean activity and location in life. I find myself thinking ahead rather than what's going on at the moment. Although the more I think about it, I'm realizing how utterly selfish that is. Yet today is my little sister's eleventh birthday. She is the kind of 'baby of the family' in the way of looking out for us older ones. As well as sometimes being more mature and grow up. But I remember when I turned eleven. Not ten, not twelve. Only remember the eleventh year for some reason. The main thing I remember was feeling very 'the weight of all my years is upon me!' oh throw thy hand across thy brow for thee is of very olden years...!
And how quickly the years pass. Right now I am on my sixth day of recovering from an eye infection. Even though I can't put anything like a contact or eyeliner pencil near them, I still am so happy because I can do life things that involve more than a darkroom ambiance. It was really difficult. I took an average of 15 naps a day and listened to t.v shows. But I am so thankful for eyesight now! And being able to look at this computer screen full on without my eyes utterly failing me.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am praying for you!

I still have days of wondering what in the world am I doing, and not being happy where I am and always looking to the future. But slowly, so painfully slowly, I am learning to live in the moment and fix my eyes on Him.