Friday, March 21, 2008

Different sounds around me: the clock's tick, the dryer, faint voices from another room. (and also my 18 year old brother's clear voice in search of food.)

The curtains are shutting out a cloudy day.
And laundry waiting at my feet in a jumble mess.

As I was driving back from Lafeyette this morning, a special program was on for good Friday. Different voices were acting out Luke chapters 22 and 23.
These few verses, in the context of Jesus being led away to be crucified, were loud...

"...and women who also mourned and lamented Him. But Jeseus, turning to them, said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for yourselves and for your children. For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, wombs that never bore, and breats which never nursed!' Then they will begin 'to say to the mountains, "Fall on us!" and to the hills, "Cover us!" For if they do these things in the green wood, what will be done in the dry?
[Luke 23: 28-31]


I'm not sure I know what he's saying.

No comments: