Saturday, March 22, 2008

Corny [but sincere]

Wrote this a while ago

...
you are
...
in everyday sprinklings
that make. life. halt
and i listen-
usually not hearing

but

a certain yearning
a burst of awakening
you take the words out of me
and put back joy.

i think i should like to race out and find
handfuls of perfect wildflowers
to present you at your doorstep.
how can i grab those snatches
and pin them to my heart-

to stay- always to stay?

lovely presence,
you are what holds me
together

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. That's the kind of storytelling we all long to hear. Ahh, that Life would speak bursts of awakening to me again today.

It's only corny if it's not sincere. Reality brings sincerity which separates the corny from the beautiful.

Keep writing of your reality... yum!

Anonymous said...

I just learned (through Kaleb) that you have a blog! Did you tell me that?
I love your poetry!
Keep it coming.

Jen said...

um, yeah, I learned through Kaleb too!

We need to talk soon!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Great work.