Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dear God

Thank you for
my family, the dignity of hard work, music, strong wine, thoughts in late night, possibility, NPR, pumpkin bread, the opportunity to learn, democracy, Neo, farmers, crisp breezes, strong tea, cell phones to call far away friends, second helpings, eternity with you, pretty things, contentment, the world, the oceans, the sky, the moon, the smallness of me, a strong mind, second chances, third chances, grace, being there, contemplation, places with no building in sight, imagination, emotion, fourth chances, order, tears, your goodness your love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your list. And I love the fact that it didn't seem that you had a very hard time coming up with the list and that you could have gone on for a while longer.

Fourth chances -- indeed. There must be a limit to the number of chances we get, but I'm glad that, at least, in many things, that we have more than one. I need all that I can get.