Thursday, August 21, 2008

The long day is over

Yay, I got through my first double shift waitressing without falling apart.   Really folks, the next time you go out to eat, know that there is much rejoicing behind the swinging doors when you leave after you are done eating and leave a respectable tip.  My admiration for servers has gone way up because it's HARD.  All depends on the restaurant, but still.  I'm thankful to have income, and to know that life won't always be like this.  

On a different subject, mostly for my benefit because working/money is consuming my thoughts lately, FALL IS COMING.   I love the anticipation of autumn.  The September blue sky's make me think all the other months blue sky's are just posers.   A bouquet of sharpened pencils would be stylin on a desk; apple pies cooling in the window.  Wouldn't it be lovely.  


No comments: