Thursday, May 14, 2009

misty delight-ish

I don't know how many times this quote has been repeated, but i like it a lot :

I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
~Henry David Thoreau

'.. to live deep...' yea. That sounds good. Wrote this about a year ago:

the same

swingin' in a hammock
sun going down
summer sound of crickets
envelop me.
hole in my jeans
i ate a cupcake
chocolate.
pattern of slender branches
against a silver lining

how're you doing, world?

I'm past the stress and ache of the day
faced a fear or two
now it's just me- and sound
and i'm fine

how are you world?

what's everyone up to? because we're really all the same.
Insecure, lonely
without the time (we think)
to watch the lightening bugs
come out of hiding.
whose us in that plane?
wonder where their going?
I'm content here- in my swing
with you.

how are you doing world?

just remember
past everyone's differences
we're all the same.

3 comments:

Kaleb Captain said...

I really, really like! Thanks for sharing a bit of your world... indeed, we are all the same - all looking for redemption in this fantastic story.

I am struck by one common thread in all your writing (incidentally, also perhaps your best contribution) and that is your deeply grounded reality of the present time within the eternal perspective. The "right now" moments, but with hope! That is truly the good stuff.

As C.S. Lewis' character of Screwtape talked about the Enemy (the Living, Triune God) he said:
"The humans live in time but our Enemy destines them to eternity. He therefore, I believe, wants them to attend chiefly to two things, to eternity itself, and to that point of time which they call the Present. For the Present is the point at which time touches eternity. Of the present moment, and of it only, humans have an experience analogous to the experience which our Enemy has of reality as a whole; in it alone freedom and actuality are offered them."

Keep on sharing the good stuff!

Jen said...

Beautiful my lovely cousin.

Can't wait to see you in a little over a week!

steph said...

thanks for the encouragement guys!